Seeking a Case Manager to provide ongoing services and support in the community to homeless/formerly homeless veterans enrolled in the HUD VASH (Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing) Case Management Program presenting with complex treatment and housing needs.
Working as part of a team of dedicated and supportive professionals, the HUD-VASH Case Manager provides services to high needs homeless/formerly homeless Veterans with active mental illness, substance abuse disorders, and co-occurring medical conditions in the community and their homes.
Flexible work schedule with minimal requirements to report to office. Supportive management; free supervision towards licensing (LCSW and LMFT). Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO and sick leave. This position offers a highly competitive starting salary and will give the employee the opportunity to master the VA system, our nation’s largest provider of health services to our veterans.
Core daily activities include outreach, documentation, service coordination, home visitation, and linkage to medical/behavioral health/substance abuse treatment/housing services/public benefits.
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Master’s degree in the social sciences from an academic institution accredited in Social Work and/or Psychology. (e.g. Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, others as appropriate)
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience providing case management. Prior experience working in clinical and or housing/supportive housing programs strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Veterans, homeless populations, and/or people with active co-occurring disorders.
This is a field-based position involving substantial time in the community inclusive of private homes, the shelter system, hospitals, and other public settings.
- All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a Security/background investigation via NACI (National Agency Check with Written Inquiries) and a SAC (Special Agreement Check) which includes electronic fingerprinting and drug screening.
- U.S. citizenship or legal resident status will be verified as part of this process. Each licensed staff member must complete a credentialing process at the local VA medical center (i.e. Vet Pro).
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to travel independently throughout the community via mass transit and/or car.
- This position will require a pre-employment drug test and may be subject to random drug testing.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA)so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.